Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE) is a best free antivirus program. Download Microsoft Security Essentials full that helps to defend your Windows PC against viruses, spyware, and other malicious software. It is fast running Antivirus which automatically updated on the first start. Get the link from our website at below-mentioned download button for both 32-bit and 64-bit Windows operating systems. The software is also compatible with multiple Window versions.
Overview of Microsoft Security Essentials Download:
Looking for a quick, light-weight antivirus solution for your Windows PC then Microsoft Security Essentials would best suitable as per your needs. It is a Free Antivirus program designed and developed by Microsoft Corporation especially for a PC running an older version of Windows 7, Vista etc. Microsoft Security essential will offer an award-winning protection against intruders on the Internet including viruses, Trojans, worms, and spyware.
The program is specially built for home users, small and medium businesses. The software updates automatically and constantly track new threats while keeping your PC virus-free. It uses colour codes to designate security status of your PC with the green, yellow and red. The green colour indicates your PC is good whereas the red or yellow colour codes specify that your PC is at risk. It will alert as well as suggest what can be done for the situation. It runs quietly in the background without affecting your PC performance.
As a matter of fact, those who are looking for an antivirus suite or want to upgrade their existing, Microsoft Security Essentials best recommended. As this antivirus is simple to use, and best of all, free of charge. It is extremely efficient with system resources. Security Essentials is not as fully-featured as other antivirus suites including Norton Antivirus and ESET Antivirus.
Key Features of Microsoft Security Essentials for Windows 7:
- It is easy to install and use with a user-friendly interface.
- Capable of providing real-time protection at free of cost.
- Alerts and notify when spyware, viruses, or other malicious software try to run or install on your PC.
- It offers complete system scanning with both scheduled and on-demand scanning options to provide an extra level of assurance.
- There are three scanning modes :
- Quick Scan: This is by default scanning option which checks only particular areas where malware most likely to infect, such as programs running in memory, system files, and the registry.
- Full Scan: In this mode, all files, the registry, and all currently running programs are being scanned.
- Custom Scan: It scans only the areas which you would prefer.
- Moreover, it cleans your PC and alerts or notifies if any threat is detected.
- Threats are categorized into three types: Severe, High, Medium, or Low.
- The Windows Firewall integration during the setup enables you to turn on or off Windows Firewall.
- Dynamic Signature service will check for any suspicious program is bad or not and be up-to-date for effective protection.
- The new and improved technologies protect your PC against rootkits and other aggressive threats.
How do you Install Microsoft Security Essentials on Computer?
It is recommended to uninstall other anti-virus software already running on your PC before installing this software. Running more than one anti-virus program simultaneously might cause conflicts and affect PC performance. Identify you have a 32-bit or 64-bit processor.
- First of all, Click the below download button to begin the Microsoft Security Essentials.
- A window will pop up on the screen. Double-click to open the file click on Run.
Note: If you are on Windows Vista or Windows 7 you see a User Account Control (UAC) window pop up. If you are using Windows 7, click Yes. Or if Windows Vista, click Continue.
- In the next window, you will see the Installation Wizard welcome message, click on Next
- After reading carefully the Software License Terms click the “I accept” button to continue.
- Select your preference on the customer experience improvement program and then click the Next button to continue.
- On the Optimize Security window tick on both the boxes, then click Next button to proceed further as shown in the below image. Wait until the green loading bar to stop and when prompted, click the install button.
- Afterwards, click on Finish to complete the installation and Microsoft Security Essentials will now be installed on your PC.
System Requirements for Installation of Microsoft Security Essential:
- Supported Operating System: Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP (32-bit & 64-bit)
- CPU Model: 1.0 GHz or higher.
- Installed Memory: 1 GB RAM or higher.
- Hard Drive Space: 200 MB of available hard disk space.
- Internet connection for installation & latest virus and spyware definition updates.