GlassWire Firewall is a free network security tool for windows. It monitors your network activity with easy to use graph and alerts if any suspicious threat is detected. Download & install GlassWire application which supports Windows 7/ 8/ 10 for both 32-bit & 64-bit environment.
Overview of GlassWire Firewall for Windows:
GlassWire is complete Security software. It keeps track of your network activity and alerts you to block if any suspicious threat is being detected. By the usage of the inbuilt firewall, it will allow or deny the internet access to apps. GlassWire was created by Jon Hundley and a team of developers to help users and be protected with PC security threats. Meanwhile, this tool helped to view what their devices were doing in the background over the network.
GlassWire includes its extreme network monitoring functionality where you can see your live and past network activity in detail. Although, it allows setting data alerts if data usage crosses the limit, and scan your network related apps. It works alongside your antivirus as added protection. But it cannot be used as a stand-alone protection application for your computer and does not replace your antivirus.
GlassWire is available in two different editions as a basic edition and Pro version. The Basic edition is free and includes all the features. While in the pro version it gives you the ability to block connections whether to allow or deny them. It also warns you if an app is using your webcam, or mic, without your permission along with many other powerful security features.
As a matter of fact, GlassWire is a new type of Firewall. It makes the user understand easily about the real-time network traffic management by representing with a graphical model. It will not only keep an eye on all the network related workstation as well as even monitor remote servers. If you are looking for a fully featured network monitoring tool then this would be the best software that matches your needs.
Features of GlassWire Free Firewall Download:
- It has a well organized and simplified user interface which is easy to use.
- The built-in firewall provides real-time network monitoring and security against any threats.
- It enables to view the past and present network activity on a graph. The graph displays the network incoming and outgoing traffic.
- GlassWire adds extra internet security to your PC or server. It has a toolbox of network securities like system file change detection, device list change detection, app info change detection etc.
- The Network Time Machine feature helps you keep track of your day, week, and monthly bandwidth usage in detail.
- GlassWire alert option will notify briefly by balloon pop-up and then disappear into the background within seconds. It only alerts if any suspicious threat is detected.
- You can easily installed on multiple servers. Meanwhile, it also monitors their network activity on your local computer via remote access feature.
- Wi-Fi evil twin detection is another notable feature which immediately alerts when new nearby Wi-Fi appears with same network name. It even alerts if your Wi-Fi network suddenly loses its password.
- Along with the above features, the GlassWire will show the graph when your PC in use or idle. It is more prompt about your privacy when you are online. If any new application accesses the internet GlassWire will alert and let you block the application by GlassWire’s firewall.
- It warns you if any network related changes are done to your PC or unusual changes to your apps which might be a malware.
How to Setup GlassWire Software on your Window PC?
- Click on below download button to get the link for GlassWire installer to your desktop. After downloading the file double click on it, to begin with, the installation procedure. Before that, a User Control Account dialog box appears for asking the permission to install. Click Yes button to continue.
- The GlassWire Welcome Setup window will appear just click on Next button to proceed further. Review the License Agreement and Tick on “I Accept terms of License Agreement”, then click next to continue with the process.
- In the next window, you are asked to add GlassWire to your Windows quick launch as a desktop icon or not. Meanwhile, it also asks if GlassWire should run on startup or not. Press “Next” after choosing the options.
- The next window appears to choose the file destination location to install GlassWire. Choose the appropriate location and click on Install button, to begin the installation process.
- Click Finish to close the setup. Then hit the shortcut desktop icon to launch the application and begin using it.
- The main GUI will appear as shown in the below image.
System Requirements for GlassWire Firewall 2.0.80 :
- Operating system: Windows 7, 8, 10 (32-bit & 64-bit)
- CPU Model: Intel Core 2 Duo or Faster Processor
- Installed Memory: 1-GB to 4 GB RAM
- Hard Drive Space: 100 MB free space