GIMP 2.8 is a free Photo Editing software for Windows PC. Download the GIMP on your computer and it can run on any of computer even in the latest Windows 10.
Overview of GIMP 2.8 Portable Version:
It is an open source image editing software where you can edit any type of images. Since it is the portable version you didn’t even need to install the application. Copy all the files on a flash drive and take out with you wherever you go. All your projects will do easily thanks to customization options and other third-party options. You can quickly make the professionals logos as well as edit them right from the dashboard. Most of the applications use a lot of dialogs and it makes uncomfortable for the beginners.
Installing this software on any computer is an easy task as well as you can customizable right from the dashboard. They are many editing software is there on the internet but they are available in the trial version. In the toolbox, it has basic components that help you to work with photos. It offers a well-organized interface that offers you instant access to many of its features. By using this software you can perform all editing tasks such as crop, scale, blend as well as erase unwanted areas. You can use the shortcuts so that you can configure some configurations to perform such actions. Additionally, the user can extend the functionalities by adding plug-ins. To experience the better performance the user needs to have a high-speed device for the smoother possible experience.
Features of GIMP Full Version:
- It contains a variety of painting tools such as Brush, Pencil, Airbrush and Clone, etc. It also helps you to create icons, graphical design elements as well as mockups.
- GIMP supports multi-language support such as C, C++, Perl, Python, etc. Each task requires a different environment so that it offers to customize the view and behavior as you like.
- It allows you to change the color, widget space as well as icon size. Fullscreen mode allowing you to not only preview the image but also preview the editing work.
- Fix the distortion and blur caused by the lens tilt simply choosing the corrective mode in the tools section. Delete the lens barrel distortion and vignetting using powerful filters.
- You can also use the channel mixer that gives you the flexibility and power to edit the B/W photos. Touch up the minor details easily with the new healing tool. It’s not difficult to retouch the images using the clone tool.
- Transformation tools such as rotate, scale, shear as well as flip. Using this application, you can easily create animations, insert text strings adjust saturation as well as brightness.
- Tile based memory management so image size limited only on the available disk space. Change the angle, size or opacity of a brush while you paint as well as speed up your computer.
- Plug-ins help you to add the different types of file formats as well as effect filters. File formats supported such as GIF, JPEG, PNG, TGA as well as BMP.
How to Install GIMP on your Windows computer:
- Click on the download to start download this software on your computer. Firstly the user needs to check the system requirements before downloading the software. Double click on the setup file and then select the preferred language from the list and then click on the next button.
- Uncheck the components that you don’t want to install click on next. Select the destination and wait for few seconds until it installs on your computer, a finish Pop-up will appear, click on it to run the GIMP Portable version.
System Requirements for GIMP Photo Editor:
Operating System: Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10 (32 Bit and 64 Bit).
Processor: Intel/AMD 1.5 GHz.
RAM: 1 GB.
Hard Disk Space: 200 MB.