Click on the below button at the bottom of this article to download the McAfee Stinger on your Windows PC.
McAfee Stinger Overview:
McAfee Stinger is an individual tool used to identify and remove the viruses present on your PC or laptop. The latest version of this software is available for free download on your Windows 32/64 bit OS. This best utility tool supports all versions of Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10 and multi-platforms such as Mac, iOS, and Android systems. McAfee Stinger software is not a complete anti-virus software but, it helps the administrators and the users in handling the suspicious devices.
The service provider of this tool designed with a simple user interface where a novice user also can easily work. It takes very less to download on your computer because the total file size is very less. When you want to scan for threats, just click on the scan button. It is one of the portable software that works like on-demand scanning of your hard disk to trace the malware. It does not contain setup pack, just download the software and use it. You can copy the file to the external device and scan any computer without any installation process.
Features of McAfee Stinger Latest version:
- The graphical user interface of this software is very simple with the systematically arranged layout. It directly checks the system areas for the hidden threats like Windows registry and program files. If you want to minimize the scan time, then individually scan the drives or disks. So that, it recognized as one of the best McAfee Software.
- While scanning your device, at the below of the window you can view the scanned files, scan time, total scanned files, cleaned threats. If anything found suspicious, then those are sent to quarantine. There you can decide whether to keep the infected files on your device or remove or repair the files.
- If any hazardous malware or threats detected, then this top-best software for Windows PC reports to the experts for a quick solution.
- McAfee Stinger offers 4 quick options for the users after scanning the device; Repair, Report, Rename, and Remove.The real-time detection technology monitors the suspicious activities on an endpoint.
- McAfee Stinger software detects and deletes the threats identified under the “Threat List” of the Stinger advanced menu options.
How to use McAfee Stinger?
- First, download the executable file on your computer which takes very less time. Next, double-click on the downloaded file. After that, on your computer screen, you can view a wizard which describes the license agreement. So carefully read all those terms and click on the “I accept” button. Finally, you can view the McAfee Stinger interface. First of all, scan the entire computer for any suspicious threats by pressing the “scan” button.
- It starts the scanning process and moreover, you can view the summary of scanning like scan time, threats found, total files scanned, and threats cleaned. If it detects any threats, then you can view the details of that threat by clicking on the “show details” option.
- At the bottom of the window of the scan option, you can find the view log button. If you click on that, you can get the complete details of the scanning process like the image shown below.The second option on the menu bar is Quarantine. The suspicious files are sent to quarantine, here you can repair or remove the infected files. But quarantine always keeps a backup memory in case of restoring the files.
- You can also view the log files to know more details about each scan file by clicking on the “Log” option. The Log details consist of the date of the scanned file and name of that scanned file. If you want to know the details of McAfee Stinger, then click on the “About Stinger” option. By this, you can come to know about the version, date of release, and copyright company name.
System Requirements for Windows 32/64 bit:
- Operating System: Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10
- RAM: 512MB or More
- Hard-Disk: 100MB of Free Hard Disk Space