Audacity 2.2 is a free audio editor and sound recorder tool that helps you to edit any kind type of audio files. It is available in Portable Version and compatible with Windows 64 Bit.
Overview of Audacity Audio Editor:
Audacity helps the users to edit and record the audio files in a convenient way. They are plenty of editors are available on the internet but this software stands first among them. By using this application the users can edit the most of the formats. Some of the supported formats are MP3, WAV, MPEG-4, and WMA. The software doesn’t disappoint the user you can perform other tasks like recording the music, convert and edit into the supported format. It is available in two editions and free and paid version. If you’re advanced user then only upgrade this application to paid version otherwise free version is sufficient for the beginners. You can also expand this software by adding various effects, Plug-ins and integrated with other application. It is an open-source multi audio editor and recorder that support plenty of audio editing Plug-ins.
This application but also acts as an editor but also you can also record the sounds play them. Import and export the AIFF, WAV and some more audio files. Quickly Edit your sounds, cut and mix the files or apply different types of effects to your recordings. The interface is simple and clean all the files are neatly organized in a single dashboard. It comes with a menu bar, several buttons and a pane where you can view waveform of upload file.
Features of Audacity Portable Version:
- With the help of device toolbar, the user can manage multiple recording and playback devices at a time.
- The users can quickly convert the tapes and recording into digital recording or audio disc. additionally, an inbuilt audio player the user can play them right from the dashboard.
- You can also perform an important function such as trim, cut, copy, paste, delete as well as track splitting function. It also repairs and changes the audio effects like echo, tempo, Noise reduction, fading.
- By using time shift tool the user can change the position of tracks to another time. It is much important for the audio composers to combine lead and back vocal.
- No problem about the size the software has the ability to edit even the large files.
- After editing the files the user can modify the pitch without changing the tempo.
- Import and export various types of files at a time right from the dashboard. You can also create WAV or AIFF file subtitles to burn them in the audio CD.
- All the recording files can be easily edited into 16-Bit, 24-Bit, 32-Bit samples and play them right from the dashboard.
- You can edit multiple files at a time and also mix the various types of effects on your files.
- Without altering the files the user can change the tempo and pitch.
- It supports various types of Plug-ins such as LADSPA, LV2, VST and Audio unit.
- moreover, you can also this software has a sound recorder.
How to Setup Audacity on Windows PC:
- Click on the below provided link to download Audacity for Windows.
- Then Double-click on the Setup file as shown in the below figure.
- Click on the Audacity.exe.
- Then click on the run button wait few seconds to install.
- After completion of the process the main dashboard will appear on the window.
System Requirements for Audacity 2.2:
Operating System: Windows XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10 (32 Bit and 64 Bit).
Processor: Intel/AMD 1 GHz.
RAM: 1 GB.
Hard Disk Space: 200 MB.